PRESS RELEASE – JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA - Sage Solutions Consulting (SSC), a leading provider of ERP consulting, data integration and big data management software solutions, today announced a comprehensive data governance solution designed to assist companies with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance in SAP environments.
Their solution helps to identify and mask the personally identifiable information (PII) of customers, vendors, employees and partners across production SAP applications to address the "right to be forgotten" mandate. This offering is an important part of a complete solution for GDPR compliance across the SAP landscape.
GDPR, in effect May 25, 2018, applies to any corporation, regardless of their location, that possesses the personal data of residents of the European Union. The regulations are designed to strengthen personal data privacy laws in the EU. Among the GDPR regulations includes a provision whereby individuals must agree to having their information used or invoke the "right to be forgotten" option. GDPR also gives regulators the power to fine offending organizations. Therefore, it is in the best interest of organizations globally to ensure that their data governance plan includes provisions for GDPR.
Sage Solutions Consulting's GDPR Data Protection SOLUTION provides the following capabilities:
- Obfuscates PII data - uses native application functions to ensure data masking and integrity throughout the SAP application environment, ensuring that individuals do not have access to PII data in compliance with the GDPR statutes.
- Exposure reporting -profiles the existing customer data and proactively defines who can be/should be "forgotten" based on rules created by the user.
- Custom masking levels -powerful options include pseudonymization, substitution, and redaction while still preserving referential integrity.
- Configurable policy rules - define what could or should be masked based on different timeframes and business activity.
- Complete audit trails - makes changes directly through the SAP application layer to provide an audit log of all activity.
- User-defined "undo" period -provides a user-defined period after which the data masking process cannot be reversed.
"GDPR is reshaping data management practices. As the regulation goes into effect, companies around the world will be impacted by these strict data privacy regulations. Sage Solutions Consulting helps businesses meet this need. As data privacy and protection regulations continue to be implemented around the world, Sage Solutions Consulting will ensure that enterprises remain compliant and future-proof," said Hugh Jetha, Sage Solutions Consulting
About Sage Solutions Consulting
Sage Solutions Consulting (SSC) provides a range of IT consulting services with a key focus on ERP solutions. They are specifically well versed in ERP implementations, Security(Identity Management, GRC, audit and compliance, SSO, Cyber security, security assessments), project management and Big Data solutions. Over the last 15 years, they have provided certified IT consulting services to a range of industry leading Fortune 500/1000 and public sector businesses. Visit SSC online at https://www.sagesolutionsinc.com/
© Sage Solutions Consulting 2018. All Rights Reserved. Sage Solutions Consulting is a registered trademark of Sage Solutions Consulting Inc. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
JOHN BOYLE/ 877-646-7243 X21 / JBOYLE@SAGESOLUTIONSINC.COM